Why Google Thinks Responsive Design is the Best Choice?
Responsive design for websites consists of the same URL address and the same HTML content – it just adapts and gets re-proportioned based on the viewer’s screen size. Which means if you open a link from your mobile phone and then reopen it on your desktop, it’s going to be a same consistent experience either way.
As per Google, few things responsive design does really well.
- For beginners, it saves resources when Googlebot crawl’s your website.
- Rather than crawling multiple websites, the Googlebot can go to one place which increases efficiency and helps Google index more content.
- Responsive design also helps Google’s algorithms more accurately assign indexing properties to a piece of content without needing to check two places.
- A responsive website takes less time to maintain because you don’t have multiple pages for the same content.
- No redirection of users is required based to other URL’s on their device, which speeds up the load time of your website. Faster websites lead to more conversions.
Google advices to avoid using flash video and other un-playable content types on mobile website which causes a slow loading mobile website. Google also says that you may not need to fully redesign the website now to comply with Google’s requirements for mobile-friendly sites. What you do need to do is move your existing site, blog or landing pages to a mobile friendly platform quickly because every day that your site isn’t optimized for mobile is a day that you’ll lose traffic. Estimates of mobile search volume vary by industry, but one thing researchers have seen is that businesses with mobile-optimized websites triple their chances of increasing mobile conversation rate to 5% or above.
In addition to ensuring that the website loads properly,also look after
- The font is big enough for mobile.
- Considershort length of your forms on mobile devices.
- Visitor’s behaviour exhibit on mobile devices differs from that of desktop viewers, so begin to adapt your content strategy accordingly.
Modernizing website to be optimized for all visitor types, devices screens make it a better experience to shop and meet the needs of perspective customers, reduces friction on your website, and will ultimately lead to more conversions and revenue for your company. These changes are actually very good for Google users and marketers alike.